Felt HouseFinished size: approx. 6 ½” high and 5 ½” across the bottom of the roof Supplies: Oliso Mini Project Iron Read all instructions before beginning the project.
- National Non Woven felt squares in a variety of colors. Two 6” squares for roof and house of different colors. One 8” square piece for background in contrasting color.
- HeatnBond UltraHold by Thermoweb
- 2 to 3 different decorative trims
- Embroidery floss and needle (button and beads for additional embellishments if you wish)
- Ribbon for tie 20”
- Scissors, rotary cutter, cutting mat, and ruler
- Cut a 3 ½” square of felt and cut across on the diagonal for 2 roof pieces. Cut a 3” by 4” rectangle for house
- Cut trim to an inch longer than needed and iron on HeatnBond to the back of trim
- Peel paper backing off of the trim and iron onto the base and roof as in the example (make sure to iron on a non-stick surface).
- Trace roof and house onto the paper side of the HeatnBond. Cut and iron pieces onto the back of the roof and house
- Peel off the paper backing and iron onto the larger background fabric
- Trim the backing so it leaves a ¼” showing around the house
- Embellish house with basic embroidery stitches, buttons, beads or sequins
- Finished house
(Optional) Use any leftover scraps to make a garland! Mini House garland Finished size: approx. 3” high and 3” across the bottom of the roof Make the garland out of the scrap pieces left over from the Felt House project using the same method. (photos 1 through 3 of smaller houses) string on embroidery floss