Olive Oil Poached Halibut
- Halibut Portions (boneless) 4 Portions 4-6oz each
- Salt/Pepper As Desired
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil 4oz
- Pre-heat water bath to the desired temperature (132F-145F). Refer to Time and Temperature Chart for guidelines.
- Season the halibut portions with salt and pepper on all sides. Place the halibut portions in to a Vac Snap bag in a single layer.
- Pour and evenly distribute the olive oil in to the bags. Seal the Vac Snap bags and place in the Frisper. Hang the bag off of the side of a counter to keep the oil to the bottom of bag when removing air.
- Place the halibut in to a pre-heated water bath set to the desired internal temperature.
- Cook for 40 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove portions from the bags and serve immediately or sear if desired (if searing afterwards cook at a lower temperature to allow for heating during the searing process).