Slow Cooked BBQ Beef Brisket
- 2lb Brisket ,Whole
- 1 Tbs Kosher Salt
- As Needed Ground Black Pepper
- BBQ Rub 2 tablespoon
- ½Tbs Cornstarch
- 4oz Vegetable Oil
- BBQ Sauce As Desired
- 1. Trim silver skin and heavy fat from brisket
- 2. Cut the brisket in to 4 rectangular portions
- 3. Combine the salt, pepper, thyme, BBQ rub, and cornstarch in a bowl and toss the
- portions to coat liberally.
- 4. Cover marinate refrigerated for 2 hours.
- 5. Heat oil in pan on the induction top on setting 8.
- 6. Sear portions on all sides in batches to deeply brown. Remove and chill immediately.
- 7. Portion in to 2 Vac-Snap bags and add half of the BBQ sauce to each bag. Hang the bag off of the side of a counter to keep any liquid to the bottom of bag when removing air.
- 8. Pre-heat the water bath to 82C/180F then cook for 6 hours.
- 9. Serve immediately, slicing the meat and combine with the sauce, or chill for future use.