Sous Vide Vanilla Ice Cream
- Whole Milk 8 oz
- Heavy Cream 16 oz
- Egg Yolks 8 each
- Sugar 6oz
- Salt 1 tsp
- Vanilla Beans 4 each
- 1. Pre-heat the water bath to 150F.
- 2. Combine the milk, cream, yolks, sugar and yolks in a bowl and whisk together.
- 3. Place in to a 1quart Vac Snap Bag.
- 4. Slit the vanilla bean in half lengthwise, scrape and add to the bag.
- 5. Hang the bag off of the side of a counter to keep the liquid to the bottom of bag when removing air.
- 6. Cook for 45 minutes.
- 7. Cool in an ice bath. Remove the vanilla pods and churn in the ice cream machine.