BBQ Style Pork
8 hr 30 min
8 hr 30 min
- Pork Shoulder or
- Country Ribs 2 lbs.
- Salt and Pepper As Desired
- BBQ Rub 2 tablespoon
- Canola or Grape Seed Oil 4 oz
- BBQ Sauce As Desired
- 81. Pre-heat the water bath to 185F. Refer to Time and Temperature Chart for guidelines.
- 2. Remove and heavy silver skin from the meat and cut in to large pieces.. Season with salt, pepper, and BBQ rub as desired.
- 3. On the induction top heat a sauté on setting 10. Add the oil.
- 4. Working in batches sear the meat quickly on all sides to brown being careful not to cook the meat through. Remove and return the pieces to the refrigerator as they are finished.
- 5. Divide the meat between two-1quart Vac Snap Bag. Hang the bag off of the side of a counter to keep any liquid to the bottom of bag when removing air.
- 6. Cook for 6-8 hours.
- 7. Open the bags and add the BBQ sauce to mix with the meat juices. For pulled style pork re-seal the bags and use your hands to massage and shred the meat. For BBQ style meat sear in a sauté pan on the induction to over high heat or on the grill.
- 8. Serve immediately or cool and refrigerate.