Sous Vide Thanksgiving Turkey
- Whole turkey
- Herbs and spices as desired
- Butcher your turkey into two skin-on breasts, two skin-on bone-in legs, and two skin-on bone-in wings.
- Place turkey pieces into vac-snap bags and fill with 6% brine. Add desired herbs or spices such as bay leaves, sage, cloves, and allspice. Brine for 60 hours.
- Rinse brine and separate turkey pieces into two vac-snap bags, one with white meat and the other with dark meat. Place large pats of butter in each bag.
- Set Smart Hub to 150F and place dark meat in Smart Hub once at temperature. Wait 1.5 hours.
- Add light meat to Smart Hub and wait an additional 1.5 hours.
- Remove turkey pieces from bag, pat dry, and then place them under a broiler skin side up for 5 about minutes or until brown.
- Reserve carcass and offal to make gravy