STEP 1: TRIM GREEN BEAN ENDS
You can also cut them into bite size pieces depending on how you plan to use them.
STEP 2: BLANCH GREEN BEANS.
- Boil water. Approximately 1 gallon for every pound of green beans.
- Prepare a large bowl of ice water.
- Lower beans into boiling water. Boiling time: small beans (2 minutes), medium beans (3 minutes), and large beans (4 minutes) - Plunge beans into bowl of water.
- When cool, drain from water
STEP 3: PREP BEANS FOR FREEZING
- Place cooled beans into Oliso Vac-Snap bags
- Vacuum air from bags
STEP 4: FREEZE BEANS
- Label and date
- Beans will store in the freezer for 8-10 months